Facebook’s Messenger Kids App to Allow Parents to Peer into Their Childs Inbox
- February 9, 2020
- Posted by: Mohamed Atef
- Category: News
Why Is It Important?
The online world is filled with exciting things, however, parents tend to overlook certain strategies that can ensure safety. The term ‘cybersecurity’ is difficult to explain to children. Talking to them about why it isn’t a good idea to share their passwords – can be daunting. But if you use applications that offer improved safety features, you can get away with this hassle.
Messenger Kids Improved Features
The tech giant Facebook has recently announced some major upgrades ensuring advanced protection features in the app, Messenger Kids . According to a blog post by Facebook Product Manager, Morgan Brown, Facebook has made some major feature upgrade in the Messenger Kids. Facebook have introduced the following features under the Messenger Kids Parent Dashboard in both Facebook iOS and Android apps.
- Recent Contacts and Chat History: Parents can see whom their kids are chatting with and how frequently along with a 30-day history.
- Log of Images in Chats: Parents can view the images and videos in the kid’s chat thread.
- Reported and Blocked Contacts History: Users can view the history of contacts and messages that their kids ever blocked or reported. Parents will also receive notifications for such actions performed by their kids.
- Remote Device Logout: Parents can view the devices where their kids sign-in or sign out to Messenger Kids app.
- Download Your Child’s Information: Through this option, parents can request their child’s Messenger Kids information. Though, performing this action will notify the child as well.
The Parent Dashboard feature also empowers the parents to monitor more than one child as well.
Facebook also revamped the method of blocking or unblocking contacts in Messenger Kids, the parents can control whom their kids connect with. Likewise, they also tend to inform the kids in a friendly way about the information the app shares about them.
Teaching Children about Cybersecurity
If you find the field of cybersecurity fascinating and want your child to get a hang of it too, you can start with it today itself. Even though, the earlier the better but there are no rigid rules to this. Besides, cybersecurity knowledge is not just a pathway to a successful career – it’s very essential particularly in today’s hyper-connected culture. It ensures your child’s safety and the sooner they learn about it, the safer it is.
Infosec4TC offers study material for cybersecurity and ethical hacking training. We believe in providing our readers with everything that’s trending. So stays tuned with our news section and never miss any update related to the cybersecurity world.